ULTIUM IS THE NEXT EVOLUTION
Our Ultium EV platform provides a framework flexible enough to create vehicles to meet the needs of nearly every type of customer.
- Eliminates significant physical constraints associated with adapting electric propulsion within a conventional vehicle architecture
- Integrates the Ultium battery as a structural element
- Large-format, pouch-style cells can be stacked vertically or horizontally inside the battery pack, optimizing battery energy storage and layout for each vehicle design
- Ultium Cells LLC is the GM and LG Energy Solution joint venture for the cell manufacturing
- Highly flexible, EV propulsion system that uses five interchangeable drive units to deliver front-, rear- or all-wheel-drive vehicles from a single system across the GM lineup
ELECTRIC VEHICLES LOOK SIMILAR BUT OPERATE DIFFERENTLY
At first glance, a battery electric vehicle may look like an ICE vehicle — minus the tailpipe. Internally, it is quite a different story. An all-electric vehicle has several unique components that serve the same function as the more common components in an ICE vehicle.